BHS Service Learning
Coordinator: Melissa Miles
This program is designed to give students the opportunity to learn and practice the value of helping others. During their high school career, students are required to complete a total of 10 hours in order to graduate:
- Freshmen-2 hours
- Sophomores-2 hours
- Juniors-3 hours
- Seniors-3 hours
To receive credit for their work, students need to have the following form completed and returned to Mrs. Miles.
For more information, contact Mrs. Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications for service hours:
- Service projects can be done on-campus (green form) or off-campus (yellow form). Fill-out, get signed, and return the appropriate form.
- Students cannot receive any form of monetary payment for their work.
- Hours do not apply to requirements done for a student's organization.
- Service hours cannot be performed for immediate family members.
- Student conduct must follow school guidelines and work ethics.
- Hours for the current shool year are accumulated from the first day following the previous school years' deadline in May to the current school years' deadline in May.
*Summer hours will apply to the following school year.*