Click to follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HobsonBHS
English II, III, IV, and Advanced IV
- Class of 2021 Sponsor
- H.S. Scholastic Bowl Sponsor
- H.S. Student Council Advisor
- The Bark Advisor
Welcome! Let me tell you a little about myself. I am originally from LeRoy, IL. After graduating from LeRoy High School, I went on to earn my Bachelor's Degree in English and my Certification in Secondary Education from Eastern Illinois University. I completed my student teaching in Mattoon and continued to teach there for three years. As of 2007, I became a full-time faculty member of Bement Community Unit School District 5.
Let's Go, Bement Bulldogs and CGB Broncos!!
Mrs. Hobson's Schedule
for the 2017-2018 school year:
|1st Hour||English III|
|2nd Hour||English IV|
|3rd Hour||Study Hall/PREP|
|4th Hour||PREP/Study Hall|
|5th Hour||English II|
|6th Hour||Adv. English IV|
|7th Hour||English III|
- Here are some websites I recommend to practice your English skills in grammar and vocabulary:
- You can also ask to join my classes on http://quizlet.com/ to access lists and games related to the vocabulary we study in English II, III, IV and Advanced English IV. All you have to do is create a free username and request to join my classes, which can be found under the following names:
- Hobson - English II
- Hobson - English III
- Hobson - English IV
- If you're looking for what's new in young adult literature, check this out:
because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion.
And medicine, law, business, engineering -- these are noble pursuits and necessary
to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love -- these are what
we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!...
of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless...
of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these,
O me, O life?" Answer: That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful
play goes on and you may contribute a verse.
Phone: 217-678-4200, Ext. 127